Download Admission BS-MS Dual Degree Programme 2018
Scientific and technological innovations are the key drivers for economic growth and intellectual prosperity of a nation. In the twenty-first century, state-of-art resarch in basic sciences shapes the technological advancement along with applied sciences. To integrate research and teaching and to attract young minds towards basic sciences, the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India has set up seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) located at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Triupati toprovide undergraduate/postgraduate and doctoral education.
Download Admission Indian Institutes Science Education And Research
- Highly competent and motivated faculty with passion for teaching and pursuing research in frontier areas of Science.
- Integrated undergraduate teaching with cutting-edge research.
- Hands-on training with state-of-the-art instrumental and research facility.
- Opportunity for interdisciplinary research : summer research programmes and one full year devoted to a research project.
Five Year BS-MS Dual Degree Programme
- Five year dual degree programme for highly motivated science students who have passed class XII examination.
- Classroom learning integrated with research, providing ample scope for interdisciplinary interactions.
- Exposure to the breadth of science in the formative (First/second0 years.
- Exploration of a discipline (refer to the websites of individual IISERs for the disciplines available0 in depth during the following years.
- First- hand experience of cutting-edge research during the final year.
- Fully residential programme with well-equipped hostels.
- Availability of sports, medical and recreational facilities.
(A four year BS programme in Economic Sciences is also being introduced in IISER Bhopal)
Candidates passing class XII board examination in 2017 or 2018 in the science stream along with any of the following criteria are eligible :
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) :
Valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2018-19 academic session.Additional cut-off criteria may be applicable.
IIT-JEE Advanced 2018 :
Students securing at least 60% marks in class XII board exam and securing a place in JEE
Advanced 2018 rank list for admissions to IITs. Additional cut-off criteria may be applicable.
State and Central Boards (SCB):
Students with marks equal or above the cut-off percentage in class XII board exam, as notified in www.iiseradmission.in Students applying through SCB channel will have to appear and qualify in the IISER Aptitude Test, which will be conducted at various centres across the country, tentatively in June 2018.Additional cut-off criteria may be applicable.
IISERs follow Government of India rules regarding reservation for seat allocation in Central institutes of Higher Education.
Students entering through KVPY Channel will be eligible for the KVPY scholarship as per KVPY norms. Limited number of INSPIRE scholarships of Rs. 5000/- p.m. will be available for the candidates admitted through JEE and SCB channels as per Department of Science and Technology, Government of India norms, subject to continued good academic performance.
How to Apply
- Applications for admission are to be submitted online only at iiseradmission.in. The application portal for online applications will open in the month of May 2018.
- Please follow the instructions for filling the application form and other relevant details (available on website). Please go through the FAQ section on the website carefully before filling up the form.
- There is a non-refundable application fee of Rs. 2000/- (Rs. 1000/- for candidates applying under SC/ST category, Kashmiri Migrants and Physically Handicapped Candidates.)
All inquiries must be directed to The Chairman Joint Admissions Committee 2018
Contact Phone : +91 – 172 229 3122 (10 am to 1 pm on weekdays)
- Email : email@example.com
- Website : www.iiseradmission.in